Austria’s educational services provider Weidinger & Partner has sold its 60% stake to Vienna based private equity firm Lead Equities for an undisclosed sum. The remaining 40% stake will be retained by the seller. The acquisition has been funded from Lead Equities’ second fund which was closed at EUR 66 million.
Weidinger & Partner (www.weidinger.com)
Weidinger & Partner was founded in 1998 and currently employs about 100 people. The company provides professional and vocational trainings to teenagers and adults, and notched up sales of EUR 18 million in FY 2009-2010.
Lead Equities (www.leadequities.at/en/)
Lead Equities is a leading lower mid-market private equity investor focused on companies in German speaking region.
The firm currently manages funds in excess of EUR 115 million. It is an independent partnership of investment professionals and controls institutional investors’ capital without being affiliated to any banking entity.
Lead Equities successfully completed 10 investments, 21 add-on acquistions and brought off 5 exits.